Monday, April 21, 2008

bunch of sleepers around here


No question that Grace belongs to Buck! They look so much alike here sleeping in on Sunday morning (this was of course after Grace had been awake from 4 a.m. to 6:30 a.m.) Shouldn't it be my 9 mo. old that doesn't sleep?? Oh, well. I'm glad to have it only be one of them and not both.

Lucas is not crawling just yet but he's getting very close. He gets around though. When I put him on the floor with his bottle, he was on the other side of the room. He apparently made it over to his laundry basket to grab his pants out (meanwhile bringing his bottle along with him) and then made it over next to his crib (with pants and bottle in tow). Buck found him asleep on the floor and so I went to grab the camera and when I stepped around him he woke up and started to drink again but you can see how sleepy his eyes are in this picture. He fell asleep here again and I finally just put him in bed. Tired boy!
He had his 9 month check-up on Thursday and is 30 inches long (92nd percentile) and 20 lbs. 13 oz. (50th percentile). The doctor's words were, "He's measuring long and skinny, but he sure doesn't look it." Don't be fooled by those cute chubby cheeks!

Grace has been so funny lately. She loves to play and she chatters or sings to herself all day. Tonight she found 2 pair of my old soccer socks in my D.I. pile that I have kept for much longer than I ever should have I'm sure and wanted to put them both on. She walked around the house in them for several hours and at one point I found her playing in this little shade tent and she was chattering away as she pulled it down toward her and let it pop back up.

Grace's new thing in the tub is to dump water on Lucas' head. I used to stop her but then decided that he doesn't really mind so let them both have fun.... I'm sure he'll get her back one day.

6 comments:

Stacy Evans said...

I know I say this a lot, but it is completely true. Your kids are so cute!! It's fun to see them playing together and interacting this way.

Bekah said...

That picture of Grace and Buck is precious.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Bekah...you should frame that one. Maybe put it over Grace's bed to inspire her.

Lauren B. said...

Those are fun pictures. Yes, someday Lucas will get Grace back for dumping water on his head and everything else she does or will do to him. I know that Tyler and Ben are way tougher than Jared was at 2 1/2. I guess they just have to be!

Bekah said...

Thanks for putting a link to the Spell It Out blog on your page. I feel so special. :)

Lauren B. said...

So, this has nothing to do with your post, but with the comment you wrote on my blog.

It is true that I used to hate seeing bugs and insects get killed, but times have changed! I have no mercy now! I don't really even like animals now. I'm not sure what happened.

Anyway, I just thought I'd update you on the new me.