Thursday, April 10, 2008

observation day

Today was observation day for Grace's dance class so I decided to take the camera and get a few shots of her.
She will sit on her little spot without me but as you can see she is usually faced backwards and not always participating. Some days are better than others. She spends most of the time looking at herself in the mirror at the back of the room.

The little girl in purple didn't want to hold Grace's hand. When Grace grabbed her hand she tried to pull away so Grace threw her hand back at her like, "Fine. I don't want to hold your hand either."

This is her trying to hop. The teacher (Miss Kris) has to hold her hand a lot to keep her attention on what they're doing.

One of Grace's favorite parts of class is when they get to dance with scarves. Here she caught it on her arm.

I thought these next two pictures were funny because of the look on her face as she's tossing her scarf in the air.


Who would want to wiggle their scarf around when they can wear it on their face?

Grace actually did really well at dance today considering that she had been up since 5:00 a.m. after going to be at 12:00 a.m. Speech on the other hand was a different story...she didn't do so well there. I knew I was jinxing myself by telling people how well she had been going to bed and sleeping lately. I hope this was just a one night thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You needed to get a close up shot of the teacher's face so I can see if I know her!

Bekah said...

I love how Grace is so animated! I remember dancing with the scarves - ah the memories..

Lauren B. said...

so cute! This post of yours makes me want a little girl!

Kim C. said...

Lauren, are you announcing anything here?? Just kidding. I saw Coach White today as we were leaving Grace's class (she dances at MHS) and was all excited to talk to her and then I realized I didn't have much to say to her.

Rachel Elison said...

You are so lucky! I dream of a little girl to take to dance! I think that I would love to take Zeke, but his Dad might say otherwise. Anyway she is adorable!