Tuesday, August 12, 2008

a day on the farm

Last week, we visited Aunt Stacy's farm and had so much fun! We got to see all kinds of animals, ride 4-wheelers, ride a swather (think Frank from the movie Cars) and ride a horse.
Here is Grace meeting Hatchet for the first time. I was surprised she was as frightened as she was. Usually, she has no fear but she was a little shy at first.

Next Grace asked to see the chickens. I thought our neighbors had a lot of chickens but not compared to this hen house!

Grace wasn't sure if she wanted to touch the little baby chick.

This was her reaction...

Lucas had fun chasing the cute little kitty (that kept running under my feet and I stepped on him atleast twice!)

Then we swang on this very very low swing. I had to hold my feet out straight the whole time and pump us with my upper body only. I probably only lasted like 2 minutes but it felt like 10 holding my legs out like that.

Grace was finally ready to ride Hatchet. She had a lot of fun on him and didn't want to be done riding.

Next we went to see the pigs. I don't know if you can see them through the holes or not but they were so cute!

Here is our ride on the swather. It was cutting the straw and leaving it in piles to be baled later by a different machine.

Here's the front view from the swather.

We had so much fun. Thanks Aunt Stacy (and her mom) for inviting us up for such an awesome day!

1 comment:

Lauren B. said...

That looks like a great day! My boys would have loved to see and do all of that! Grace and Luke both look so cute!