Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It is ALWAYS sunny and warm on February 18th

Today was the big day. The big 3-0. Buck planned a great party for me with all of our usual guests, lots of balloons and food! I'm still 20 at heart. It was a wonderful day, including the weather. Last week when it was freezing and stormy, I said, "Well, atleast it will be warm on Wednesday." It took him a second to realize what I was talking about. I tell him every year it will be warm on my birthday and it always is! I can't remember the last time that it felt like winter on the 18th. Sometimes it's crappy on the 17th & the 19th, but always warm on the 18th. I may have jinxed myself now by making such a big deal of it.... Anyway, it's been my best birthday so far.


Here's Luke trying to sneak some cake before it was cut. Grace is pulling him away.
Waiting to blow out the candles. I got spoiled with ice cream cake AND homemade banana cream pie.

Just after the candles were out.
A game of dress-up.
These were my favorite part of the party decor.
I'm keeping this one since I now have it in writing from Buck..... It should be valid for a year atleast...until I'm no longer 30, you know?



12 comments:

Abbie said...

Happy Birthday!!! I always have to pray that it won't snow on the 15th! The past few have been white!

Ashleigh said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Looks like you had a fantastic day!

Amy said...

Happy belated birthday! Sorry I am late, but I hope it was great! I think you should hang on to the "30and perfect" sign for a lot longer than a year!! Just keep changing the number! :)

Jo Meier said...

Happy "late" Birthday!! OMG, I can't believe you're the big 3-0! Like you said though, still 20 at heart. I truly believe that you're only as old as you feel! :) well we will REALLY have to celebrate this year! Did you go to Benihana's without us yet? If not, we are still going next time we're up!!! :)

Lauren B. said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I am going to write your birthday on my calendar cuz I can't remember anything ever!! You are the cutest and I love Buck's signs!

I can't believe we are all turning 30! How scary!!!

Kim C. said...

Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes!

Jo, we didn't go yet. We need to next time you're up. I was talking to Ben on FB about that yesterday. Just make sure to go through me since Buck can't break a 20!

Unknown said...

Happy (late) Birthday Kim! Hey, As soon as I typed that, a commercial came on TV singing happy birthday...it was just for you!:)
Anyway, you did great turning the big 30! I am still in denial that it will happen to me!:)

Michelle S. said...

I saw all the cars and I knew it was a birthday, but I didn't realize it was a milestone one!

It looks like it was great!

Happy Birthday Woman!

Anna said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I totally thought of you on the 18th (yes I remembered strange I know) but haven't had a chance to write a message until now. I love the signs, looks like a fun celebration.

Kim C. said...

Anna, not that weird...I still remember yours in May.

Ben and Natalie said...

Happy late Birthday!! I am glad you had a great 3-0. :) You are 30 & beautiful.

Kim C. said...

Thanks Nat!