Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yoga

I recruited some friends to take a yoga class with me and tonight was the first night. We (6 of us) all carpooled together to class and when the girl driving (Rachel) asked where we were going I gave directions to 33rd and she said "Oh, I thought it was on 39th". Well, we should have double checked at that point because I was wrong! I was so confident though, everyone figured I must have been right. So off we went to the wrong place. Ends up, we were only 10 minutes late for the class which was not so bad, but here we all come in to this quiet classroom late. We set mats up as quietly as possible and got going.
I really enjoyed the class, but I'm sure the people in the class think I'm some kind of jerk though because someone in the class farted and of course, I start laughing. I kept it to a fairly quiet giggle but I was not silent by any means. So here I am coming in late making noise and then laughing at some poor person's misfortune of passing gas. I'm sure they were mortified in the first place and here I am making it worse. What an idiot I am. These things always happen with Julie right next to me for some reason. I got myself under control and the rest of the class was fine. Let's hope next week I can be better behaved!

7 comments:

Lauren B. said...

Why am I not suprised??? (You and Amanda tormented me all through high school by the way!!!)

Kim C. said...

Lauren, I have no recollection of you passing gas in high school so if that's what you're referring to, I'm very sorry that I made some small incident bigger than it was by dwelling on it! I'm embarrassed that I laughed last night especially since a good part of the time the thought going through my head was "don't fart. don't fart." I'll grow up one day hopefully....

Jo Meier said...

I think its HILARIOUS!!! I would have laughed too!!! You would think that in our "old age" we could get pass this but I can't! Farting is still sooooo funny!! LOL! :)

Bekah said...

Picturing you trying to hold back your laughter while doing yoga, made me laugh. That's too funny.

Anonymous said...

Sorry...but I would have had a hard time holding that back, too...the laughter I mean.

Anonymous said...

LOL...why am I not surprised either! Lauren, like Kim, I too don't an incident of you passing gas in high school...though, if you care to tell a story...I'm all for a laugh :) And we loved you, Lauren!

scottandnatalie said...

Why is Kim so appalled? I do recall an incident in Washington DC at McDonalds. Just ask her about it.