...mostly. This year we decided to blow our tax return on a new swing set for the kids. We had it for over a month before I finally got started on it. I kept putting it off because I knew it was going to be a long project and so I was waiting for a good stretch of warm weather without rain. I finally got my chance and started on it 2 mondays ago. I started out thinking I could do it by myself, but there were several times that I had to call for a second set of hands and was glad for all the willing helpers that came to my aid.

These pictures were taken on day 2 of my journey. It ended up taking me 9 days of sneaking out of the house during nap time. My kids LOVE to be helpers in all I do and my tools kept walking away!

I finished it today and am so glad to be done! I do still have to stake it down but I'm pretty sure it's not going to move before I get around to it tomorrow.
13 comments:
That is awesome!! All I have to say is Where the hell was Buck? :)
He was golfing with Ben! It was actually okay because he always seemed to get home just when I needed his muscles so I was okay with it.
That is a pretty awesome new swingset
Nice Job Kim!!!
I also need to clarify that Buck was at work most of the time that I was working on this so it's not like he had a lot of opportunity to help out.
Plus, we all know that you love this sort of thing and secretly wanted to accomplish it "single-handedly." I put mine together, too (even though it was way easier than yours!), so I understand the thrill!
Good job Kim! That looks like a really cool one!
Way to go Kim!! I would never attempt such a big job!! It looks awesome and I can't wait to come play!!
Hooray! Looks great. Time to party at Kims.
You are Awesome!!!! I just stood around and laughed at Paul as he put ours together...he is still cusing that dang thing to this day!:) It will be the BEST investment EVER!!!! We have never staked ours down - I don't think it is going anywhere!
Where did you get it?? We have been pricing them and looking for them for a while, let me know...by-the-way Good job!!
Bri, we got it from Costco. My dad said he saw another one at Sam's club for the same price with a little different set up but about the same size.
CUTTEST THING EVER! That looks so much fun!!!
Post a Comment