Thursday, October 15, 2009

cravin' a carvin'

Every day for the last week, Grace has asked me if we can "give our pumpkins eyes". I have been itching to do it too but am patiently waiting for about a week before Halloween to do it so they don't spoil too soon. (A little trick my mom told me last year was to Vaseline the cut edges to keep them "fresher" longer. It worked.) Best part about these 2 bad boys was that we grew them...well, I started the seeds in my kitchen and then kindly asked if I could put them in my Grandpa's garden so they wouldn't overtake my little one out back. So it was a group effort because my dad watered them after my Grandpa couldn't anymore. We actually got another one that is at my parent's house. Payment for my dad doing most of the work to get them so AWESOME! :)
Other things going on: Lucas missed his nap this day and was so tired by bedtime that he fell asleep in his chair watching a movie.
Here my kids were getting along and I thought it was so cute they bundled up in a blanket together.
We also had a trip to the zoo over the school's Fall Break...along with everyone else in Utah since it was a Zoo member event. It was sunny but cold. We had lots of fun and of course had to ride the Carousel.

1 comment:

Stacy Evans said...

Lucas' smiles just fill my heart right up. What a wonderful little family you have!