Friday, October 30, 2009

October goings-on

We carved our pumpkins on Monday. I brought them inside that morning so they wouldn't be freezing to touch while we gutted and carved. They were still really cold but not awful. I was curious so I weighed them before we started and our biggest one was 60 lbs. and the smaller one 45. We saved some of their seeds so we'll see if we can get as big of ones as next year.





This one is sort of a mural. Its Frankenstein standing next to a witch's cauldron with the witch and her broom on the other side. There's a bat over the cauldron and next to the moon. The little holes in the middle are bubbles coming out of the witches brew.
This was the quick picture I snapped before Grace ran out the door for school on Wednesday morning. You can see the lights of her van waiting for her outside.
Dance class. I cut off Tink there on the left.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You make the most amazing Halloween costumes! I have lost my umph when it comes to Halloween creativity. Now it's all about what is easiest and already exists in a box downstairs!

Michelle S. said...

Love Gracie's costume! It is adorable!

We would love a few seeds, if you can spare them! Your pumpkins were gorgeous!