Friday, November 13, 2009

UP

Ok. I knew I was going to be buying this movie from the minute we walked out of the theater this summer. We LOVED it. Anyway, the reason I'm sharing this information is because I found a really great deal and am getting it basically for free except for buying 3 grocery items and mailing in my rebates. Here's how I did it: I was tipped off by a girl who came to get her hair colored this week that Disney had a coupon offer for it for $10 off the BluRay combo pack (so you get the bluray disc, a DVD and a digital copy of the movie). I googled that coupon which you can find here. I went to Walmart because they usually have the best price for these movies (initially) and I was right. It was the best price I've found in my checking around. $19.96 for the blu-ray pack. So right there I only paid $9.96 (+ tax of course so $11). But in my googling, I found a blog that had a bunch of rebate offers and other coupons for it too.
That blog is here.
That one includes instructions for the purchase of Monster's Inc. also and you have to go to Target and price match, etc. I was too lazy to do all that and am not interested in upgrading my Monster's Inc. to bluray at this point as we have neither an HDTV nor a bluray player...yet. I know they will come someday. Plus, bluray players play dvds so I'm not too worried about it. Anyway, on that page I got 2 rebate forms. One for $5 and one for $4 which I am sending in. All I had to do was buy pasta and some frozen dinners that I would have bought anyway. There are also coupons for those items you have to purchase. Long story short, if you only use the Disney coupon, you can get Up for $11 and that in itself is an awesome deal! P.S. Walmart has their bluray discs under lock down so you have to ask for a copy of it at the electronics dept. register.
When I left the house, I was expecting this to be a 45 min. - 1 hour trip to the store. 2 hours later we came home with way more than I was planning to buy. (Story of my life at places like Walmart and Target). I blame my kids though because as soon as we walked through the door, Grace sees the blow up Christmas decorations and insists we go see them. I am fine with that. We went to just walk by but of course we ended up spending 30 minutes in the Christmas section. By this time, Lucas was getting antsy. I have had a strict buckled to the cart rule for him since he constantly stands up if I let him in the back and he fell out a while ago...maybe I mentioned it here. I can't remember. Anyway, my mom had come with us on our little trip to the store and kindly offered to give the kids a piece of candy. I was grateful for that but insisted to Lucas that he keep his in his mouth because he is constantly putting candy in and out of his mouth when he eats it and getting SOOO sticky. It drives me nuts. So here I am insisting that he not take it out and he CHOKES on it! Well, I start slapping him on the back trying to tell if he can even breathe while in my head trying desperately to remember how to do the Heimlich on a toddler. I braved a bite to my hand by swiping a through there to see if I could pull it out as it seemed to be close to the top of his throat still and dislodged a chunk of the candy. Atleast he had bitten it before choking. Well, he was still gagging and coughing and gasping so I pulled him out of the cart just in time to have him puke all over the floor. I could not even look at the people walking past me as I held my child and let him vomit on the floor...but really what else was I supposed to do? So then it seriously took 15 minutes for the maintenance guy to get there to clean it up. I couldn't just walk away from it even though I had done my best to wipe it into a small pile with wet wipes.
So after we were finally able to move past that experience, I look at Grace who is squatting in the middle of the aisle and I say, "What are you doing, Grace?" Her reply, "I'm going pee." My reply, "WHAT?! DON'T DO THAT! STAND UP! WE GO PEE IN THE POTTY!" I was ready to abandon my cart and walk straight out of the store. I could not take another incident where I would have to wait for that 65 year old guy with his cleaning cart to show up again. I lucked out. She had not actually peed yet and we quickly made our way to the bathrooms.
2 hours later, we made it home from the store.
Well, if anyone has made it clear to the end of this post that is much longer than I had anticipated, I hope you atleast had a chuckle or 2 to entertain. I now have 30 minutes to dry my hair, get dressed and get my kids dressed and fed breakfast so we can get Luke to Grandpa's and Grace to speech.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Thanks for the chuckle, I truly enjoyed your story and am almost tempted to go buy "UP".

Michelle S. said...

Oh, Kim. What a lovely trip to the store. I must say how relieved I am that Gracie made it to the bathroom in time. The story would have been too overwhelming otherwise.

I am also very glad that you didn't get bitten (by Lucas) and I am also super glad that Lucas did not choke!