Tuesday, November 17, 2009

committed



Well, I finally committed to running a half marathon with Buck. We just paid our money today. I am crazy. Mostly because I am going to have to train for it during the winter months. What am I thinking? These pictures were after my run on Saturday. It seriously started to snow the minute I stepped out of the house and by the time I got back, I was covered in snow and soaking wet. Two guys told us that we (my running partner Niki and I) were nuts but we didn't know it was going to snow for so long and so hard. I need to invest in some running tights obviously...look how red my legs were! That is snow stuck to the front of my sweatshirt, not a dry spot.

6 comments:

The Dennis' said...

Way to go! That's awesome! Too bad about the weather :(. Good luck training!

Amy said...

You are nuts! You make me cold just looking at your pictures! Good lukc with it all, that is what I am going to try and do after this baby arrives! Maybe you can give me some pointers?!

Amy said...

Woops! I obviously meant luck, don't know what lukc is?!

kim said...

I AM nuts! I'm doing it to say that I have, but at the same time am filled with dread for all the training...... Buck's like "and then you can do a marathon" and I'm like "no thank you!"

Bruns Family said...

Good for you Kim!!!
Good Luck training! You'll do great and I think it's great that this is something that you and Buck do together!

Bekah said...

Man you are far more awesome than I. I am struggling to even run on the treadmill, let alone in the snow.