Friday, April 30, 2010

best 50 cents spent in a while...

Need I say more about what a great purchase this was? I snagged it from an estate sale of one of my parent's neighbors...completely unworn! I was very happy that he LOVED it the minute he saw it. He's been wearing it all day.

I couldn't believe some of the stuff that people were taking out of that house...that they had actually spent money on. To each their own though. They were really old neighbors so I was hoping to find a few treasures hidden in there. Most of the stuff I thought was cool, I wouldn't have paid what they were asking. It was odd to see people rummaging through their clothes. Mostly because some of the stuff I remember them wearing...like his retired US Navy members only jacket (seriously looked just like George Costanza's) and her mumu's. In the end, I left there with 2 previously unworn hats and 2 picture frames and I'm only $4.28 the poorer. Possibly the only better deal I've had lately was wandering in to Old Navy one day, finding a rack of $.97 jeans, looking through it assuming it would all be size 0's or 2's, having my jaw drop when I found a pair in my size, having it drop even further when I found a pair in my size that were LONG length, and then getting to the register to have them ring up $.78 because I used my GAP card and got an extra 20% off. Woo hoo for deals!

7 comments:

scottandnatalie said...

That can match your "hang loose" hat! Did you really buy clothes from boydells?

kim said...

Sadly, I got rid of the hang loose hat a while back. I was in one of my clear all the crap out of my house moods and some lucky DI shopper owns it now. No, I did not buy clothes from the Boydells but lots of other people were. I just bought 2 hats that were sitting in a box full of brand new hats.

Lisa said...

knowing that came from the boydells makes it all the more meaningful. i thought maybe it was a birthday present for dad...

scottandnatalie said...

Dad is jealous of Lucas. He wanted the hat.

kim said...

Too bad for Dad. He saw everything in that house before the public did so he had his chance. He had his chance.
Happy blessing day to Ben. Wish we could have made it down! Very excited to meet him next week though. My kids can't stop talking about it...except Luke keeps saying that we are going to Baby Ben's house and I have to correct him that he is coming up here.

Michelle S. said...

I love that kid! He is so adorable! And that hat is the bomb!

Rachel Elison said...

So cute!!! Love that boy!