Thursday, April 1, 2010

lazy blogger...

I have been such a lazy blogger the last few months! One of my favorite quotes from Pride and Prejudice is when Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are dancing at the ball at Netherfield and she tells him that neither of them is very willing to speak unless the expect to astound the whole room with what they have to say. Sometimes that is how I feel about my blog lately. I just don't say anything because I don't feel like there's much to say. I have been busy otherwise though. I've been working more so by the time I'm done with that, I don't really want to be on the computer anymore. I've also been working on stuff around the house and, now that it is warming up some, out in the yard (yeah!) I have all these little plants growing happily in the office because it's the only room where the cats (and kids) can't get to them. I am anxiously awaiting the time that it is warm enough to put them in the garden. Grace tells me every day that it is warm and time to plant our "corns" because I told her we had to wait until it got warmer to plant them. We put in our peas, carrots, lettuce, spinach and some onions on Monday before this ridiculous snow storm hit. Let's hope they can make it through it. The weather was the biggest April Fool's joke of my day today. (Boo snow!) I did however get in a nice run this afternoon while the sun was out for a tiny bit.
In the midst of all the plants sitting on my sewing table, I was able to get one of the dresses done for Grace for Easter. I found 2 fabrics that I just couldn't decide between and so I am making 2 for her this year. I had to temporarily put some of them on my work printer so they could still get some sunshine in the afternoon.
I'm mostly happy with how it turned out. It's really cute but I (and maybe you can too) see some errors on it but I won't point them out in case you can't. Oh, well. Each time I make something I make one more mistake that I can learn to avoid in future. I am most proud of my flower. I think it was the blue flower that sold Grace on the dress. She loves the dress and that's saying something because she is so darn picky about her dresses... well all of her clothes lately. Sometimes when I really want her to wear something, I have to coerce her into wearing it. Not this one though. (hooray!)

7 comments:

Bekah said...

I love that dress!

The Hunters! said...

Kim that is so cute! I have been lazy lately too... But I am getting back on track!
Your kids are so cute btw!

Lisa said...

I want to know how you get your seedlings so healthy and big. Mine always come up but then they slowly wilt and rot. What am I doing wrong??

Shaunab said...

very cute dress and little girl. way to go Kim.

Amy said...

Way to go Kim! That dress is so cute! I am so jealous of your sewing abilities! No, not jealous, I guess just envious that you can make something from nothing instead of hunting every store to find what you want!!

Unknown said...

SOOO CUTE!!!! I LOVE everything about it!

kim said...

thanks for all the compliments on the dress!