Tuesday, November 20, 2007

There was a little girl, who had a little curl.....

This morning, Grace came walking down the hall with her blanket over her head and then she crashed into the wall because she couldn't see it obviously. I thought it might cause tears but she laughed and laughed at herself instead. I started to think of all the crazy things that she does everyday that sometimes make me laugh and sometimes make me scream (when I'm really mad anyway). I get so tired of telling her "no" but she does really dangerous things some times. For instance, she was playing around on my bed the other night while I was feeding Lucas and I wish I had it on camera because all of a sudden she was in a headstand at the foot of my bed and her feet went over her head and she had flipped off my bed! She had disappeared from my sight and I was waiting for the tears any second when all of a sudden this little blonde head pops up laughing. If she hadn't landed on her feet, I think there would have been some tears. Instead, she got back on the bed and was trying to recreate her flip! She also has a lovely little scratch on her forehead now because she decided to bang a Christmas light bulb into her head (one of the outdoor ones) and it busted. (I expect she'll be smashing rootbeer cans there too after she's chugged it down and the people around her are chanting, "Gracie, Gracie!") She does good things too though. I'm sitting here watching her eat her fruity cheerios with raisins in it and she is picking around the cereal to eat the raisins first. Plus, of all the green veggies, I can only get her to eat steamed broccoli...so she makes some smart choices!


Here she's found Lucas' Halloween costume and put the hat on herself.

Uh, you might think twice if she ever offers you a snack from her kitchen...

This was right after she crashed into the wall this morning.

Still wearing the blanked on her head, giggling about something.

"Oh, Mom! I didn't see you there!"

2 comments:

Lauren B. said...

Those are great pictures! Grace sounds so funny. I'd love to get our kids together to play sometime.

I am definately going to think twice about a snack from her kitchen!!!

Kim C. said...

Lauren, When will you next be in Utah? We should get together with our kids then!