Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Is it 3:30 yet?

The most common thing I hear Grace saying these days is, "cut, cut, cut" and signing with her tiny little fingers the action of scissors. Ah, yes, she has discovered the fun that scissors can be. I was dumb enough to let her help me snip the threads on some stuff that I was sewing and it was downhill from there. I have tried to supply her with lots of scraps of paper to "cut, cut, cut" but her interest in those wanes and she moves to other things...for instance the candyland cards that she just ruined not 2 feet away from me because I was focused on the computer and not if she was still playing the game or not! She didn't tip me off with her "cut, cut, cut!" I can usually tell when she's doing something naughty because I can hear from the other room, "No, Gracie!". It's like she's battling another personality when she's scolding herself, yet continuing to do what she's not supposed to. Anyway, I've become to reliant on the fact that she'll rat herself out obviously since she was right behind me when the candyland incident happened. Oh, well.
This week has brought about a new challenge with Grace. It's been coming on slowly but I'm afraid to say that nap time is gone!! Any day in the last week that I have allowed her to take a nap, she has been up until midnight that night! She was always a late bedtime kid anyway but this has gotten ridiculous! Yesterday was the first day without a nap and by 8:00 she was CRANKY! But she was asleep by 9 (early for her usual 10 or 10:30) and she slept until 8:30 this morning, except for whatever time it was during the night that she woke up and turned on the flashlight next to her bed, carried it across the room and left it there before returning to her bed for the rest of the night. We'll see how tonight goes but 2 is just too young to stop napping!!
Anyway, here's some more pics of what's going on around here.


Lucas is nearly 5 months now! Yikes! He always has a smile for you though. What a happy guy! This is one of his favorite places to be these days...in the Johnny Jump Up. I had hopes that he might not be as "active" as Grace but signs are not pointing that way.

2 steps to get ready for swimming in the winter... 1-brush your teeth and 2- put on your boots.

Here we are working on Lucas' stocking. She of course had her own scissors that she was cutting scraps of fabric with. We have decided that our office is the room of perpetual disaster. I keep buying things to organize it and then more things show up to junk it up!

Lucas has been hinting to me he's ready to start some solid foods...

Grace was trying out some career options. Yesterday she was a doctor AND a baker. If you ever need her to listen to your heart or lungs, she loves to do it!

3 comments:

Lauren B. said...

Those are some fun pictures! You look very domestic sewing a stocking! I am impressed.

Not that you asked, but my advice would be don't give up on naps! Hopefully it's just a phase she is going through. Keep trying to make her take a nap! Jared did until he was 3 1/2 or so, and I wish he still did....

Kim C. said...

She's actually cutting a tooth so I'm hoping that maybe when that's done she might take naps again but until then...

Anonymous said...

Those are cute pictures! They capture Gracie perfectly...