Wednesday, December 26, 2007

whirlwind trip

Well, I realized today as I was uploading pictures from my camera to computer that I didn't take any pictures of Christmas. We have some video but I don't know how to get it off that camera yet. One day. Anyway, we took a fast trip to Vegas last weekend and had so much fun. We left Friday afternoon and drove to Mesquite. The next morning we finished the drive to Vegas and went to see Seigfried and Roy's Secret Garden at the Mirage. It was not the same as the last time we were there since that was pre-tiger bite incident but they have their big cats in their secret garden now and it's still really cool. They study dolphins there too and it's fun because you get to be right up next to the pools...although you're not allowed to reach in to touch or anything like that. Whenever the dolphins would pass Grace she kept saying, "whale!" I finally convinced her it was only a dolphin.
I was trying so hard here to catch the dolphin swimming past us and keep Grace in the picture too but I got half of both of them.

When I checked the weather before we left it was supposed to be high 40's in Las Vegas and so I just brought sweatshirts for everyone. We really needed our winter coats. Brrr! Everyone else went to the football game Saturday night and had to wear long johns and hats and gloves, etc. It is not supposed to be in the 30's in Vegas! The kids and I stayed warm in the Venetian watching movies.

If you look hard you can see a tiger sleeping on the tree above our heads.

These lions were soooo cool. The picture doesn't really do it justice but when you saw them you were like, "no wonder this guy is king of the jungle." They were awe inspiring animals.

1 comment:

Lauren B. said...

That sounds like a really fun trip! It's probably been 20 years since I have been to Vegas. Maybe we'll have to go back someday.

It looks cold in your pictures. I think I am going to freeze when I come to Utah. It is night time right now and about 70 degrees and I am actually wearing a sweater!

Well, I hope that you all had a great Christmas!