Sunday, December 2, 2007

'Tis the Season...


I always take these pictures too late...I should have taken it yesterday. I thought our neighbor's tree looks so cool with the snow from yesterday. We had so much snow we required 2 shovelings (thankfully Loyd Dille snowblew our driveway the 2nd time around)! This is the biggest cherry tree I have ever seen by the way (with really yummy cherries too!)
Everyone is napping right now and it's nice and quiet. That is a rare thing to get everyone to nap at the same time! So in the quiet I've been wondering how in the heck I managed to get poo flipped on to my lip while changing Lucas' blowout about 30 minutes ago...I think it occurred when I pull off the poo covered sock he had on...it was a major blowout. I've also been thinking how lame that lady is for scolding the Applebee's email (those of you who got it know what I'm talking about). Are you kidding me? Is this the first time you've seen one of these things? Was she mad because she tried it and didn't get her $50 in 3 minutes like it promised? Give me a break lady. Just delete it from your inbox and get over it. It reminds me of the people in the grocery store who always have something to say about how angry my screaming child is (I discussed these people earlier today). I usually just smile and say nothing to them but in my head I want to say, "Oh really? She's mad? I hadn't noticed. Maybe that's why she's crying and screaming and punching herself in the head, all while trying to climb out of the cart and run away! Thanks for the tip. Now why don't you let me with my 2 gallons of milk ahead of you and your cart ready to feed an army?" But I guess I'll just continue to smile and say nothing. It's probably best.
On to merrier things though, we had a fabulous lesson today as a combined YW that the 1st counselor (Stephine) taught. It was our Christmas lesson and she talked about knowing Christ and living so that people who know us, will want to know Christ, because they know us. Hopefully I can embrace that attitude this Christmas season!

3 comments:

Stacy Evans said...

Oh, I am not sure if I am ready for poo flips. Maybe Mark will keep up to his pre-marriage word of "handling all the plumbing" which should include diapers too? Ok, well I'll keep hoping.
I admire your courage for not snapping the lady's pointing finger in two in the store. I hope I have your courage when I am in your shoes.

Bekah said...

I laughed out loud about the email thing. I totally thought the same thing when I read the follow up.

I love your tree picture. I should have but didn't take anymore after Saturday's huge snow storm.

Lauren B. said...

The picture of your tree is very pretty. I've almost forgotten about the snow already. We spent all day Saturday at the beach!

I haven't heard about the appleby's thing yet, but is sounds funny, and as for your poo incident and grocery store incident, I wish you better days ahead!!