Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lesson learned???

Well, it finally happened. About 11:30 last night as we were still waiting for Grace to fall asleep we heard a loud crash come from their bedroom followed by tears. We ran in to see what had happened and she had pulled all of the dresser drawers out and I'm sure was trying to climb them but the dresser fell over on her. Luckily it was not our dresser that I have shown her climbing before but just theirs that has nothing on top of it but a box of tissues and the baby monitor. In addition it's not "real" wood, just that pressboard stuff covered in laminate to look like wood, so it was a much lighter dresser to fall on her. I unburied her from the rubble and snuggled her for a minute 'til she calmed down. This time when I tucked her in she stayed in bed until she fell asleep...the first time anyway. So, will she try to climb anymore? I guess we'll see tonight if she's finally decided to listen to us when we tell her that is a dangerous thing to climb.
She must have woken up in the middle of the night again last night because sometime between when Buck checked on the kids at 12:00 and this morning at 8:30 when Lucas woke up, she climbed into the crib and fell asleep with him. This happens about once a week and it's so cute to see them snuggled up together. I need to get a picture of it but haven't yet.
The other crazy thing that happened and why we were up at 12 was that our doorbell rang and woke us both up. I would have thought that maybe I had imagined it if it hadn't have woken Buck up too. What the heck? Was there just some crazy short that made it ring or did we get doorbell ditched? I jumped up and checked out the window to see if someone was there but saw no one so we can't figure out what the heck happened.

5 comments:

Bekah said...

I hope Gracie is doing alright. She's such a cutie.

Maybe a ghost rang your doorbell. j/k that is crazy though.

PS. I like your quote from Buck

Michelle S. said...

Your Buck quote totally made my day! What a hoot! I may just copy you, as there are some funny things that I need to remember that my kids say.

Lauren B. said...

I hope Grace is okay...how scary! I am afraid of something like that happening!

Anyway, if your doorbell was ditched, I think you deserve it!! (I remember a few pranks you pulled in high school and I know Buck pulled his share too!)

Kim C. said...

Lauren--maybe you have to refresh my memory but I don't remember doorbell ditching anyone. I do remember hiding in your neighbor's bushes with Manda to spy on Gavin dropping you off after a hockey game or something like that....we must have been soooo bored!

Kim C. said...

Grace is okay and I don't know if she's learned her lesson yet because she climbed the bookshelves at our neighbors house last night! Luckily, theirs is bolted to the wall.