Friday, February 1, 2008

whew!

So I have been freaking out since 10:30 last night when I called one last time to check on the status of my jury duty. I fully expected since there had been nothing all week that I would be done and no services needed but NO. I was supposed to go in this morning. I do not do well with last minute surprises like this. I could have known as early as 5:01 p.m. last night but of course forgot to call until after my class. Anyway, I called this morning and made my excuses and I guess my name has to go back in the pool or something but I'm just praying that I don't get called again. Ordinarily I would welcome the opportunity to have jury service, just for the experience, but I am just not in a place in my life that I want to do it right now. Bullet dodged temporarily....

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

wow. I have been summoned for next week. Tonight starts my first night of doing the daily phone calls. Here is hoping that I don't have to go in Mon or Tues since Court is still doing close.

Kim C. said...

Stephanie, maybe I'll see you there. The girl called me back today and said that I'm on the list for next week which bugs me because she didn't even care that I told her I'm nursing a baby. I checked the court schedule and the only day there are no jury trials scheduled is Wednesday so there's a huge chance we're going. I'm actually hoping for Monday so I have a few days to make arrangements...or else I'm just taking the baby with me and saying, 'sorry, he's got to eat.'

Michelle S. said...

I will be interested to see what happens with you two. Are you both at the same place? I have been summoned to 3 different places. Luckily I missed the qualifying round and was sent home the first time. The other two didn't ever pan out. Sometimes it pays to have a last name at the end of the alphabet.

Lauren B. said...

I must be a nerd because I think Jury Duty would be kind of cool. It would be hard with a little baby though. Good luck on not getting picked! (If they still pick you, just start saying stuff like you don't like anyone that isn't Mormon and that you think the death penalty should be used 100% of the time and stuff like that.) They might not be so likely to pick you then!