Thursday, March 6, 2008

if you're an idiot like me...

My new favorite things are the Ziploc Zip and Steam bags because they are idiot proof. Has anyone else heard of them? I have to assume somebody has because I have gone to 2 stores to get some and both times they only had 1 pkg. left! Anyway, they are the coolest thing ever made for cooking vegetables and meat! I tried to share my excitement with my mom about them and she said she doesn't microwave things in plastic because it gives you cancer. So call child services on me cause I'm giving us all cancer! What I love about them is they have the instructions on how to cook everything right on the bag. I have yet to have something turn out wrong when using them. It even got our broccoli right and that's a hard one for me! Anyway, I am trying to convert to healthier cooking around here (instead of pizza rolls or corn dogs for dinner every night) and these bags are very helpful!

5 comments:

Bekah said...

I haven't tried those yet, but I have bought the veggies that already come in the bags that steam them in the microwave. When I was little I used to stand in front of the microwave watching my food cook, I turned out ok.. for the most part. ;)

kim said...

I was just wondering the other day if that was true or if it's an urban legend that you can be affected by microwaves. If it's true, Lucas is in trouble because his high chair is right next to ours!

Unknown said...

emily's favorite thing to do is to "see, see, see" what's cooking in the microwave! I am always a bit concerned about the cancer rumor, so I stand her back away to watch!:)
Buck was telling me about those bags...I must go get me some!

Lauren B. said...

I'll have to look for those. I too am trying to cook more and especially cook healthier. If you come across any great recipies, pass them my way...

Jo Meier said...

Ok I freaking LOVE LOVE them. I too have told everyone I know about them. I am a huge fan and it is actually better to microwave your veggies than to steam them because it keeps more of the nutrients in them... anyway, I love those bags. They are the best invention!!