Monday, March 3, 2008

In like a lion??

We LOVED the warm weather last week! We played outside almost every day. Grace is able to climb up on to the teeter-totter herself and also get herself going so it has become her favorite swing (and mine!...much less pushing!)
I think my favorite addition to our yard was the fence that Buck and Boyd installed. It allows me to sit on the blanket with Lucas while Grace runs everywhere BUT the road! It's a win-win situation if you ask me.
We also went to the Discovery Kids place up at the Gateway with Michelle and Barrett. We had lots of fun! This picture is awful but I threw it on to see if anyone recognizes the girl sitting in the background? I was about to delete it and then realized I had captured the stranger who I could not remember how I new her until she asked me was I Katie's sister and ta-da... she is Shelby D. of the Mike and Shelby D. pair. (I'm not including last names because certain Nana's are so worried about the information shared on this blog.)
We learned lots of important things about our bodies there.
Grace and Barrett visited Grover's Dance Party. Basically Grace just followed Barrett everywhere and did what he did. It was funny. I have a video clip of him flopping to the floor and Grace doing the same right after.
This was Lucas at the dance party. His favorite part was the disco ball.

Grace built a tower "up, up, up" and of course had to make it "crash" too.
Grace was trying so hard to see out the other side of this tube. It never really worked out for her.
Home again, home again. After the museum, we played in the yard again while the weather was still warm. We found a new friend coming up for some air from the saturated lawn. Grace is just thinking of following in her Uncle Chris' worm business footsteps!

She toted her new friend all around the yard.
Meanwhile, Lucas just hung out on the blanket with me!
Anyway, I hope that one little snow storm on Saturday qualifies March as coming in like a lion and will leave like a lamb so we can get started on our warm weather!! Rain all you like, just no more snow!

5 comments:

Bekah said...

Your kids are getting so big! I just saw them a couple of months ago.

Michelle S. said...

This is THE MOST adorable picture of Lucas! You must print it and hang it! This is proof that you can invest the money you would normally spend on professional pictures into a good camera and come out on top!

Barrett had such a fun time with Grace. Thanks for going with us! I love the poop picture you took!

Jo Meier said...

Hey so I need some help!! I want to throw Ben a surprise 30th birthday party on April 12th but I don't have ANYONE's addresses and it seems that Ben is seriously ALWAYS around these days! :) Anyway, i wondered if you could maybe help me round up some addresses for his friens... ie. Brody, Jake, Johnny. Is there anyone else I should invite? I'm kinda struggling right now getting a guest list together so I would really appreciate any help you can give me!! I know you're busy so just whenever is great. We're coming up this weekend so maybe I could come by and get them and you could help me some more in this area? I'll call you... Hope you're doing good!!

Lauren B. said...

Cute pictures! Your kids are getting big and they are so cute! I am so impressed that you let Grace hold worms. I have boys and I even hate stuff like that, but I'm trying to be better!

Kim C. said...

Lauren- We washed hands VERY thoroughly when we came inside! I don't mind if she holds worms but I draw the line at things with legs...except for ladybugs or potato bugs.

Jo- I will totally help. I have Brody's address and can probably find any others you need. Call me with your plans for while you're here and we can get together.