I am LOVING the cooler weather we have been having. I love to open all my windows and have the breeze blow through my house! I also love Fall (and Spring) because it is so easy to have a beautiful green lawn. Despite our best efforts this year, we still got some dry spots in our lawn...mostly in the back... but there is something about rain that makes everything so green. It seems like one day of rain makes more of a difference than a week of sprinkler watering. I just try not to think about the fact that fall brings winter....
Fall also has brought allergies to our house. Mine started acting up a couple days ago and so did my kids. I never had allergies as a kid like my kids do. Lucas has been coughing since 5:00 this morning. I guess I need to ask the doctor if he can have a bigger dose of his medicine because I think he could but what do I know?? Grace has them too but not nearly as bad as Luke. Maybe just because he is younger.
Grace's van driver has been coming about 7:45 the last 3 days and today she showed up at 7:30. I was so not ready for her. Grace was sitting on her training potty with no pants or anything. She wakes up dry almost every morning and I am so frustrated that I can't harness this into using the potty regularly. Anyway, I happened to look out the window and see her van outside so I hastily pull her off the potty and get her pants on then run out the door with her shoes and jacket in hand and finish getting her dressed while buckling up in the van. When I came back inside, I realized that there was actually pee in her potty and I didn't check before so I wasn't able to give her any praise for her good work and let her pick out a treat. This is a huge thing for me because pee is what she wasn't doing on the potty. She poops fine (when I catch her doing it...she still doesn't notify me when it's time).
Well, I guess I ought to make today a day to get stuff done as I ended up spending the day reading the "leaked" Midnight Sun chapters on the internet all day yesterday. I stop functioning when I am absorbed in a book-- as is evident by my messy messy house!
2 comments:
I am loving the fall weather too. I just hope we have it around for a little while. I don't want the cold and snow too soon.
I love the cooler weather also. I wish that I had windows that open so I can enjoy the air better. I guess I should say in my living room. Only in my kitchen so the air would flow their. But I do say that I love it. Also I have to say that the allergies this year are driving me crazy and especially Zeke. Well this too shal pass.
Post a Comment