Wednesday, September 24, 2008

ward camp out

A few brave families headed up to our stake property for our ward camp out last weekend. It was a little bit cold and a little bit rainy but still lots of fun. Thank goodness for enough neighbors to help me keep track of my kids! Buck was at football so I went on my own. It wasn't so bad. We had a few Murphy's moments but I expect that when I'm camping. I didn't sleep very well because I was so worried that my kids had come out of their blankets and were freezing. Luke did great but Grace kept inching up out of her sleeping bag. These aren't the best pictures but it's hard when it's that dark to get a good one...especially when you are blindly aiming the camera in the general direction of your subject. You couldn't see through the lens to see what you were photographing.


This silly pole kept Grace entertained for a good 30 minutes or so with breaks for licorice every few minutes.


This is Rachel , Suzanne, Zella & Trace. Little baby Zella never fussed once. She was an angel!

Here is Cheryl, Susan, Grace, Oaklee, Kevin, Averee, Julie & Hayden.

Oaklee, Me, Lucas.

Susan, Kevin, Averee, Julie, Hayden.

Mmm! Licorice!
There were some other families camping too but they were up underneath the big pavilion. I think we should all camp at the spots up there so we don't have to walk up the big hill to get to it next year. Then we could all eat our dinners under the shelter of the pavilion in case it rains again!! Oh, well. I'm just glad not to be in charge of it so whatever...
The next morning I was scrambling to get my tent down before a big gray cloud came and dumped on us. Ali and Thayn were helping me and after all the poles were out the rain started to come and I said let's just stuff it in the car, I'll fold it up at home! Well, silly me, I forgot that my keys and cell phone were still in the tent and only remembered this fact after it was all jammed in my car and the rain was pouring!! It was quite the chore to find them in the tent, in the car but I did eventually.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

You are the cutest mom! I love that you do so many fun activities with Grace and Lucas.

Rachel Elison said...

I am so jealous! I wis that I could have been there! You are awesome! You and Buck both!