Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tiny Dancer

Last night was Grace's dance recital. She did way better than I ever expected that she would! I am so proud of her for doing as well as she did. She was in the Mom and Tots class last year so she has come a long way in her dancing skills. The dancers get to watch the first show so here she is before it with all the other girls from her class.
This next picture is between the first and second show. They go backstage and 2 moms entertain the class in between their time on the stage. She got one of those sticky hand things and she didn't put it down all night...except when she was forced to go out on stage again. She didn't dance in the second show. I think she was tired of it by then because after the first show she said, "All done dancing. Go Home." I had to try to explain that she was going to do her dance again but it obviously didn't click.
Here is a clip of her first dance. She is on the left. It's not great video because my camera couldn't zoom any closer. I also wish I could blame the bad filming on someone else, but it was me. I forgot to watch through the camera at first so sorry if you get motion sickness watching the clip! Our camcorder got a much better recording but I still have no idea how to get those clips onto my computer, nor do I know if I even have the right cable to do it. One day I'll explore that possibility...one day.

Okay, I just watched this clip and so 1. Sorry you have to listen to my stupid "chuckle" throughout (it's about 2 1/2 minutes). 2. The camera really shakes...sorry!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is adorable! I think it is so funny that she crawled on the floor! What a great memory!
I am gld we got to see her last night! Emily was her greatest and LOUDEST fan!

Lauren B. said...

She looks so cute! Must be fun to have a girl and get to do dance, hair all that stuff. I'd never know!

Rachel Elison said...

She is awesome! How fun for her and you! Merry Christmas!!

Ashleigh said...

Yay for Gracie! She looks adorable!