Wednesday, April 22, 2009

computers, stitches and apple trees

I haven't had a work computer for 2 1/2 weeks now and my life has been "off" because of it. It has messed up my whole daily routine not being able to get my work work (that being the stuff I am paid to do) done in the morning after putting Grace on the van for school. I have had limited access since Monday but limited is the key word there. I can see all the emails I have, but do not have the ability to respond to any of them. Frustrating! I am trying not to think too much about it because I am the kind of person that likes to have an empty inbox and so having 2 1/2 weeks worth of emails sitting there will make me crazy if I dwell on it.
Anyway...enough of that...despite how I may feel sometimes, my life has still been moving on despite of my work computer issues.
Lucas cracked his head open 2 Saturdays ago. He continues to be ever following in the footsteps of his sister who did the same thing last June. The difference is she did it smack in the middle of her forehead and needed 9 stitches. His only took 6. You can tell he hit the whole side of his face too though because of the bruise down lower on his cheek.
His stitches are out now and he is healing well. The Dr. superglued his head after removing the stitches for some extra support. We gave Luke his summer buzz cut on Saturday and I buzzed the top first. We stopped to take a picture of it because he looked so funny (it is very hard to tell in the picture exactly what he looked like due to it being head-on, but you can kind of see) and Grace yells, "Luke's a Grandpa!!" The funny thing about that is all of her Grandpas have full heads of hair so she made the connection from somewhere else completely.
Spring is here and I am loving it!! The significance of this picture here though is the tiny little apple tree behind Buck. Grace has been fixated with it ever since I put it in the ground but as of a couple days ago, hasn't hurt it. If you look closely, you can see the buds on the ends of the branches in this picture.
Now look even closer here and you can see that the tree no longer possesses any buds. She broke every branch atleast 6 inches down and some of them further. What a stinker. I just don't think she gets that you can't do that, despite my previous warnings. Also shown in this picture is my new clothesline. I actually got it for Christmas but we have had to wait to be able to cement it in. I am excited to use it for laundry day tomorrow. We are going GREEN around here as much as possible and this is part of it. Go ahead and take a last glimpse of that busting down swing set. It has been a great one for being free, but coming soon to our backyard is going to be a new one that we actually paid money for this time. It's going to be awesome!
Oh, and happy Earth Day everyone!

4 comments:

Bekah said...

Wow what a busy past couple of weeks it has been for you. I heard about Luke hitting his head. That's crazy that he is so closely following in Grace's steps. I am very jealous of your clothesline. I would love to have the space to hang my clothes out to air dry.

Lisa said...

I broke out my clothesline on Monday, too. It was bliss! Also, Lizzie wants me to tell you that, after looking at Luke's head, she does not want to get stitches.

Amanda said...

Air dry? What? :) The whole going green thing has rubbed off on me living here in DC in this political mecca. I don't do as much as I could or should, but, am attempting to be better at it where I can. Wow, I didn't realize your guys' backyard was that big!

Stephanie said...

Where did you get your clothesline at? I keep telling Court we need one. Growing up that every summer we hung our clothes outside. Must be why I love them smell of clothes dried in the sun.