Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Last, but not least...

My little sister got married today. She is the last of the 6 of me and my siblings to tie the knot. She looked beautiful (especially her hair and make up ;) ). She is now Mrs. Hardus Visser (pronounced "fisser") . He was her tandem instructor the first time she went skydiving. Notice the "first" in that last sentence. She has gone enough that she now jumps alone. No thank you! I have no desire to ever fall out of a plane!!! Anyway, I am not much of a photgrapher as I have mentioned before, but here are a few of the shots that are half decent that I did take today.
Here she is coming down the aisle with my very handsome Dad. Sorry Bekah and Jen for the face shots here.... if only I had one of those cool flashes like Jon to bounce my flash off the ceiling, I wouldn't have Alfred Hitchcocked you Bek..... Yeah, right. I will probably never have a camera nice enough to be compatible with one.
This look was "Okay, you can cut the music now..." because it was playing a little too long. I wasn't in a great spot so you can't see the groom very well. He's the one on her left. Feel free to ooh and ahh over her veil because I made it. I also made Grace's dress. I have seriously busted out my Martha skills lately. Although, I should probably call them my Mrs. Sutherland skills because I don't really know anything about Martha Stewart and most of my knowledge of a sewing machine comes from my 8th grade sewing teacher, Mrs. Sutherland... and my mom.
Grace just wanted to adore her Aunt Katie all night. She followed her around for a good part of the evening. She would go shadow her and then go run around for a bit and then come back to Katie again. She LOVES her Aunt Katie!
Here is my brother Scott and his wife Natalie. We miss them living clear down in San Diego but are glad to have a place to visit near a beach!
This is my adorable niece Mara. She belongs to my brother Mark and his wife Stacy. She is such darling little girl and we wish she lived closer than Phoenix!
Here is one of her moments back with Katie while there was a lull in the line. Grace didn't nap today so she took a minute to rest in Katie's arms.
Here is my wrecking ball, as Buck so aptly defined him tonight. Right after I snapped this shot, that water bottle hit me in the head. His little suit looked so much cuter without all the water spilled down the front.
Grace was just taking another break right here. I found her up on the stage in this place just lying in the dark (the flash makes it look not dark, but it was) talking to herself.
This is Grace's best cousin Lizzie. This is who she spent most of her time with when she wasn't adoring Katie tonight. I realized as I was editing this picture tonight that at some point in the evening, Grace lost her flower clip that was in her hair when we left home. It was my favorite one too. Oh, well.
Congratulations Fish and Katie! I am so happy for you both!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Great pictures, Kim! Will you email me that one of Scott and Natalie so that I can print it up for my collection? It's pretty good!

Bekah said...

That is a lovely shot of my headband :)

Anna said...

Congrats to your sister. I love that you learned sewing skills from my mom, because I sure didn't retain any skills from the class. Grace's dress is so cute and I love the veil, nice work.

Rachel Elison said...

Congrats to your sister and to you for making such a cute dress. They looked adorable. It looks like a great day!