I hate to run. It is one of the most boring things I can think of doing. But, I'm doing it anyway. I can't deny the fact that it is making positive changes in my body so I keep putting one foot in front of the other. I think my next step is investing in a new ipod since no computer will read mine currently and I have been stuck with the same old playlists for too long now.
9 comments:
I haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet, but need to! Good for you! Keep it up! What shoe you running in? :)
Girl, I hear you! I hate running! However, I have just completed my 4th week of a 13 week training program, and it is getting easier.
WE ran a 10K a few weeks ago and we are running a 5K this weekend. I agree about the iPod too. Before I had mine it was WAY worse. At least now I have something to sing along to!!!
Good luck!
Manda, If I were as skinny as you, I wouldn't be running either! I'm running in some Asics. I never thought I'd stray from my Adidas but these were given to me for free and I love them. I was previously running in a pair of Adidas Response Light which I loved because it was like having nothing on my feet they are so light. But, these Asics absorb the impact of my run better so until they wear out, that's what I'm wearing.
Sara, that's awesome you ran a 10k. I am doing a 5k in a month and will probably barely make it!
Good for you. Good for you. Good for you, man! Keep it up I am proud of you. Right!
I get a slight discount on apple products through work. If you haven't bought an ipod yet let me know and I can look it up and see how much it would be.
Ummm...hello...you are as skinny as me! You are just...ummm...how many inches taller...and actually have muscle mass that has long been lacking on my limbs! Asics are good (gotta give credit where credit is due). Do you know what model? (It should say on the side of the shoe.) I actually tried on the Asics Gel Nimbus 11 yesterday and loved it! (Asics usually feel harder than I like.) I may be purchasing it as my motivation to run shoe...lol...every time I do that...yeah...never actually run, lol. The adidas Response Light is a great one! But, it is a performance running shoe, or "race day" shoe, hence, the lightness of it. So, you're right about the impact absorption, it's not made for as many miles as a regular running shoe over the long run.
manda, so I finally bothered to look and remember what shoe I'm running in and it's the Kayano.
The Kayano is a good one!!! Their top of the line in the stability running category (for someone who overpronates...usually has a flatter foot that rolls to the inside too far, too long.)
Post a Comment