Sunday, May 18, 2008

Best $3.50 ever spent

So Julie (my next door neighbor for those who don't know her) and I decided to take an outing on Trax with the kids Friday and have lunch uptown and show the kids the temple, etc. We could not have asked for a more beautiful day. The weather was awesome and the kids were angels...well for most all of the time. Grace started to melt down after about an hour and a half in to our trip and we knew it was time to head home. Some of the pictures are different sizes because I couldn't figure out how to resize the pictures that Julie sent to me.
The girls were so excited to be on their first train ride. Our 2 double strollers took up the whole disabled section. The trax employees on the way up were super friendly and helpful with our awkward strollers but the guy on the way home was so mean! Well, not mean so much as just plain rude. He was sooo put out that he had to get up to put the ramp down for us to get from the platform to the train both on and off the train. And both Julie and I gave him a big smile and a "thank you so much for your help" and he ignored us both like neither of us had said anything!! Rude!
How cute is Averee with the camera?
This is one of the shots she got.
This was the first fountain we stopped to see.
Lucas wanted to get out to feel the water too.
Mmmm... our tasty lunch on main street.
That little splash in the fountain is a bird that was washing right by our table. It was a crazy little bird.
Happy Lucas at the table.
Trying to encourage Grace to stay nearby... not an easy task.
More water to touch...
I was tempted to join them in their little foot bath here.
The flowers were, of course, just gorgeous up there.
Lucas ate Grace's shoes while the girls dipped their feet.
The little boys had fun playing on the grassy knoll.
You get me...
and I'll get you.
Red Rover, Red Rover.
Must. Get. Camera.
We had so much fun. With all the gear that we packed on our outing, my only casualty was Lucas' blanket that was lost somewhere on the way home. I suspect that it fell off the stroller on the train and the train driver,who was apparently having a bad day, probably saw it drop and said nothing to me cause he's a jerk! I'm just kidding. I know I lost it somewhere on the way off the train but don't blame the mute who was driving. I hope someone else was more successful in helping him smile that day than we were.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like a fun outing! I love that your kids are such good friends with eachother!

Bekah said...

You have some of the cutest kids I know!

Stephanie said...

I totally want to steal your idea. Izzy would love train.