
I've included this picture because if you look closely at her hand, you can see that she's telling me about the tree she sees out side...she's signing tree. This is for the people who always ask if she signs. Yes, she does. If only the lady who, whenever I see her says to me, "make her sign something" as if it is some circus act and not a way for her to communicate, read this blog. She just doesn't understand that it is part of her communication and a 2 year old will speak when it feels like it...same thing with signing.

Grace is happiest outside and yesterday afternoon she made herself at home in the weeds of what is to be our vegetable garden. She was picking all the "flowers" and making a little bouquet that she called her tree. At one point, she was laying in them staring up at the sky. She had so much fun. It's all tilled up now though but I'm sure they'll try to come back in a week or so.


After we came inside and while I was making dinner, she was playing in my room. She was being very quiet so I went to check on her and she was giggling quietly at herself for being wrapped up in the quilt like this. She is so fun to watch lately because she seems to be imagining lots of things. The other day she wrapped up one of her matchbox cars in some felt, cradled it to her tummy and told me "baby." Kind of a strange imagination, but seems appropriate for her brand of craziness.
2 comments:
The hair is the best!!! She is such a darling girl! Now if Lucas could get some bed-head going! It probally won't be long!
What a cutie. I have a feeling that if I let Ben's hair grow longer, I could have similar pictures. She looks like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment