Tuesday, June 10, 2008

No outside food or drink permitted

Today when we got in our car, it was so STINKY! (Buck said that a bumb had been turned inside out and left in there.) We ran some errands and when I got home I was determined to find the source of the stink. I was sure that there was a sippy cup under a seat with rotten milk in it or something. I searched and searched but no cup. I pulled up the 3rd row to see if there was something under there that had gone wrong and figured out the problem that I should have known days ago once I realized it today. There were rodent (probably mouse) droppings on the floor of the 3rd row. I say I should have known days ago because we had the car cleaned and vacuumed when we left Santa Monica for Fallbrook and while we were in Fallbrook I noticed something that looked like chewed up paper on the mat in front of me which should have still been clean from the vacuuming (so I'm guessing this little friend came from one of the acres of field in Fallbrook). I didn't think about it again until I found the poop in the back today. I decided that the whole car needed to be re-vacuumed and found little poops everywhere. Sick! Upon re-examination of the spot where the first bits of chewed up stuff was, there was also more poop and a hole in the garbage bag I keep up front. I guess I might have looked closer before hand if I had ever dreamed that there was a mouse living in my car. But what mouse wouldn't want to though right? There are tons of crumbs all around the car seats. I was very careful to peek under all the seats to make sure something wasn't going to jump out and bite my eye or something but found no corpse in my car. I can only hope that he has died somewhere outside the car or found a new home (hopefully not in my house) and that none of us will come down with Malaria or Rabies or whatever rodents carry with them. But until further notice, the rule in the car will be "no outside food or drink permitted". I'm going to starve him out if he's not gone already.


3 comments:

Shaunab said...

Kim,
That is aweful!! I hope you find his dead body soon!! :)

Bekah said...

Oh my. You are so brave searching the car. I probably would have opened all of the doors and sent someone else to make sure the car was mouse free.

Lauren B. said...

That's pretty crazy!

I saw a cockroach in my car. (I know they are everywhere in Hawaii, but it is not okay to have them in my car!) I took out all my seats and floorboards and cleaned every inch of surface! We now have the same rule!

Good luck!!!