Friday, November 7, 2008

the flood, part 2

The guy that came to pump out the crawl space said that he pumped about 250 gallons out. Wow. More than I imagined.
If you click on some of the hard to see pictures, you can see them better when they're bigger.
Here is the beginning of the road/pipe repairs. They now have a hole about 5 feet deep and twice as long as what you can see here.

That is what the road looked like after they finally got the water shut off.

The water is off here but they are trying to drain our driveway so they're digging out the gutter.

Here's what was left of the water in our garage but you can see how high it got on the bottom of the door.

More of the soaked garage.

These are the first pictures I took so they are harder to see because it was so dark still.

You can tell the driveway is flooded all the way up because of the cars' reflections.







It's too dark to see much but here is some video of all the water that was coming up. I should have turned on my porch light. That probably would have helped it show up.

8 comments:

Findlay Family said...

ohhh that looks terrible...I hope that nothing got ruined in your crawl space...last year our crawl space flooded and ruined a lot of our stuff including most of Bret's mission stuff.

Ashleigh said...

That is a lot of water! What a pain for you guys, would you quit breaking the pipes?! :) Hope nothing got ruined!

Bekah said...

That's horrible. I hope the flooding didn't damage anything too badly.

Kim C. said...

Ashleigh, I didn't ever go look but heard you guys got a lot of the run off down there. Sorry! Hopefully they fixed it right this time!

Bri, We luckily don't keep anything in our crawl space. We've talked about putting some stuff down there but every time I look down there I get the feeling that there's probably dead bodies buried in there so I've never even been down there!

Ben and Natalie said...

Dead bodies huh? You are funny. So that totally sucks that everything was so wet. I can't believe all of that water. I am glad that nothing got ruined but man.... that is crazy

Ashleigh said...

Hey, its not your fault! :) We just got a lot of mud and they worked on the drain thing for a while! The boys had fun watching them out the window. Free entertainment!

Unknown said...

YOu have bad luck with these stinkin pipes! I swear there is always excitement at your house!

Amy said...

That sucks! Glad to hear that nothing serious got damaged though!