I've had these thoughts rattling around in my head for a few weeks now. I'm just not sure what people are trying to say...A few people from Buck's work have made comments to him lately (after meeting me for the first time) that they were surprised how cute his wife was. Then last night there were about 7 other teachers from his work at the same showing of our movie. I went and said, "Hi" to one of them that I had met before several times and he introduced me to the rest. One of them (who had been my teacher for 2 years in Jr. High and had no idea who I was...I guess they only remember the trouble makers, right?) said to me, "We're just all staring at you because you're cute." What?!? First, I didn't notice any stares. Second, is your view of my husband such that you think he's only capable of securing the affections of some wart-covered hag? "Hi, nice to meet you," just seems more like your typical greeting in this situation and their inner monologue would go something along the lines of "Oh, she's cuter than I would have thought." I'm sure the comments are well intended and probably meant as a compliment but they just come across strangely to me. Well, I guess they're expecting that he would have married this girl:

Oh, wait. Ha, ha, ha. He did.
To my credit this photo was posed. Those were my dad's (huge) old transition lens glasses and my brother and I bought that hat from the swap meet because everyone needs a foam-front, mesh-back hat in their possession, right? Let's just say that my first year of college was rough on me physically. Here we are now and I think we're a good match.

(Photo taken by
Aubrey Bolton Photography)
7 comments:
I think you guys are a perfectly adorable, matched family.
I can't get enough of you in those transition lenses. It makes me feel better when you don't look beautiful all the time -- even if you have to fake ugliness.
Ok so that is weird that people would respond that way. On another note... I REALLY love your family picture. You all look so great!!!
I love the picture with the hat & glasses!
People say weird things! Way cute picture! She did a great job as usual! :)
What cute family pictures! I agree not something you should probably say the 1st time you meet someone! At least they think you are gorgeous!
Hey Kim, you and Buck look great! I linked here from Michelle to peek at your cute blog, your family looks great and I have had an awesome time running into your sweet family here in SD! Take care.... Ginger
Post a Comment