We went to see Twilight last night at 12:15 a.m. and I really liked it. I was so disappointed in the choice of Robert Pattinson as Edward but he changed my mind last night. I thought he was a great Edward. I'm ready to go see it again today, I liked it that much. I think having read the book made the experience more enjoyable since Buck compared the movie to one you would see on the Lifetime Channel. I didn't think so at all except I thought that some of the special effects were kind of lame and he thought those were the best part. I guess since I'd read the book, I could fill in the gaps that the movie had to cut out as happens in most movies.
Stephenie Meyer had a quick cameo in the film and I wonder if she'll be like Stan Lee and Alfred Hitchcock and be in all the films. She does not look quite the same as the picture on the cover of the book though... I almost didn't recognize her except that the whole theater cheered when this random lady was on the screen.
So I had kept my expectations low because I did not want to be disappointed by this movie. My expectations were exceeded for sure! Now I just need both kids to take a nap at the same time today since my mom called at 2:22 and said that Grace had woken up at her house. I ended up going to sleep there for the night except Grace didn't go back to sleep until after 4:30, maybe 5 and so I only got like 4 hours of sleep last night. I could use a nap today! The other thing that amazed me was the whord of people waiting for our theater to empty out so they could go to the movie at 2:40 a.m. Wow.
5 comments:
From the previews I didn't have high hopes for this movie. It looked too different from the picture I had in my head of the characters while I read the book.
I felt the same way as Bekah, so I look forward to seeing it and seeing how it affects me.
I agree that the characters didn't look like how I pictured them in my head and I didn't think the Edward in the movie was all that cute, but I did like the movie. I went and saw it with a friend and I want to go see it again with Ramie. I didn't realize that Stephanie Meyer had a cameo in the movie...which part?
She was in the diner one of the times they were there for dinner and the server handed her a plate of food at the counter and she said "thanks" or something and then the camera moved over to Bella and Charlie's conversation.
So let me just say that the characters that just will not align with the way I pictured them are Rosalie and Jasper. What was with Jasper's hair in the movie?? I thought it looked awful. Anyway, I almost had Buck convinced to go see it again for our date on Saturday but we saw 007 instead (which was also good).
OMG! What is it with this series...EVERYBODY and their dog is reading it! I heard vampire and that was enough to tell me I wouldn't be into...
Post a Comment