
Here is the only picture I got on Thanksgiving day. I have been forgetting my camera a lot lately...my brain is getting old I guess. Anyway, we had a nice little dinner with just the four of us. Notice how we have to jam all the food to the one side of the table because Lucas has a very long reach! Just as we were sitting down to eat, Buck put the turkey on the table and about 2 seconds later, Lucas had the whole dish on his tray and he was pawing around in it. It wouldn't be too much of an issue but he seems to find it hilarious to throw food while eating. Not funny to me and I hope that explains the state of my kitchen floor to anyone who may have been grossed out by it on any given day. After the 5th time sweeping in one day, I have been so tempted to get a dog just to deal with Luke's food hucking issue. Tempted, but not sold on the idea....yet.
Our day started out at the zoo for the feast with the beasts. We saw the elephants smash up and eat a 1054 lb. pumpkin. The crowd for it was so big that we just decided to walk around to see the other animals at our leisure and if we happened to come across another feeding, then we did. The only other one we coincided with was the tiger and he wasn't tempted enough by the meat treat in his pumpkin to want to bust it open. We got to see him up really close though. Most all of the animals were out and doing something so it was a good trip.
After the zoo we came home and gave the kids some lunch of their own and I started on the turkey part of our day. Everything finished cooking about 3:30 and we were eating around 4-ish. I made the whole meal myself and so I was pleased to have most everything turn out okay. I have seriously never made real mashed potatoes before so those were my biggest accomplishment...it's always been fake ones out of the can for me.
I am so thankful for my great little family and all the wonderful blessings that I have in my life!
1 comment:
I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. We just had one with my little family this year too. I kind of enjoyed it that way!
My boys used to throw food on the floor too! So annoying. Luckily, mine have outgrown that for the most part. Maybe just a little longer for you.
Post a Comment