I bought this anthurium (sp?) 2 years ago when we were re-doing the outside of our house while on one of our many many visits to the Home Depot. I was in LOVE with the flowers on it. They didn't last very long though and it has taken me 2 years to get it to bloom again. It had a bud on it about 2 months ago and luke climbed up on the kitchen table and snapped it off in one sad sad moment in time. I saw this one start to come on and have been guarding it even better than I did the first one (since that obviously wasn't enough). This one almost disappeared at the hands of Grace but I was able to catch her before it was plucked and explain to her that it was going to be a flower. She was actually the one to spot that it had finally opened and happily exclaimed, "Look! The flower's open!" Behind it is my African Violet that also took me several years to get to re-bloom from the initial flowers it came with but that's been blooming for a couple years now so it's not as news-worthy although it still brings me happiness.
The other morning, I was opening my blinds and found 2 hummingbirds flitting around my flower pots out front. I have been pleasantly surprised with the new flowers I chose for my pots this year. 1) they turned out much prettier than I imagined. 2) they brought me some hummingbirds! The pictures are grainy because I took them through the window and the screen door so I wouldn't frighten them off by opening the door.

This picture made me laugh more than it really brought happiness, as the end result was not exactly happy for me... Lucas came down the hall, went to the bookshelves, found some reading material, then went back down the hall to this secluded little spot and read his book while making "#2". Such a man thing to do.
1 comment:
Those flowers are beautiful! I'm impressed!
Post a Comment