Friday, August 7, 2009

summer fun

I love summer. I never want it to end...well, I am looking forward to Grace going back to school. So is she. Anyway, here are some pictures from the last few weeks.
playing with "flags" in the backyard. it used to annoy me that they wanted to wear boots during the summer but now I'm grateful for whatever shoes they'll keep on because of slivers and dog poop.
"don't take my flag!"
look how sad our lawn was. it is doing much better now that I've treated it for bugs and the temperature is down a bit.
Grace made this hat herself.
This day she wanted to go outside so I told her to go get a shirt, shorts and some shoes. Then I told her she needed something to keep her hair out of her eyes and she came back with her "head-stand" (headband).
We had a trip to Lagoon this week and the kids loved every minute of it.
This was by far Grace's favorite ride. She rode it probably 20 times that day. Luke went on it the first time and was not so fond so we didn't try him on it again.
He happily rode this one which is right next to the one's Grace loved.
The kids were ready for dinner right here and were not cooperating for this shot, but you can tell how soaked we had just got on the last ride.
I don't know why, but the kids love the dogs water. Buck called my attention to this funny little trick and I'm glad because she was still wearing her CI and it was getting dunked in the water when she was lowering herself down in.
Last night Grace and her friend Averee from next door, took turns giving each other rides on Luke's trike. It is Luke's now since Grace got her princess bike. Lucas also figured out how to pedal and went for like 4 feet and then decided to go back to scooting with his toes.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I always love looking at pictures of your kids and reading your descriptions!

Lauren B. said...

looks like a fun summer! The picture in the dog's water made me laugh!