Sunday, September 20, 2009

something new

Well, I am finally doing it. I have started a blog to sell my pettiskirts on. You can find it by clicking here or by clicking on Barefoot Creations over on the right. It's still a little scant but I am working on getting as much info. and more pictures on there ASAP!
Also on the right are some of my extended family's blogs. My cousin Bekah has some amazing vinyl items you should definitely check out. And Jeri's (I call her my cousin but actually she is my mom's) Budget Menu blog is AWESOME for those of us on budgets! If you are like me and the worst part of the day is trying to decide what to feed your family, she does it all for you! She gives you 3 meals for all 7 days of the week and then where to buy, ON SALE, the items to make those meals and what it should cost you. That's not all, she then gives you the recipes to make them too. She lives in AZ so it requires some translation for those of us in Utah. We don't have a Bashas' or Sprout's and she generally has listed produce items on those lists so I try to substitute Ream's or Sunflower Market for those items. Also, FYI, Fry's down there is the same as Smith's up here.

8 comments:

Shaunab said...

That's so cool! Love your pettiskirts. How did you do the checkout tabs on the side??? would you mind emailing me at shauna.burnett@gmail.com. thanks

budget menu lady said...

Hey Kim--thanks so much for the free publicity! To help make my blog more Utah friendly, you can find sale items listed on www.pinchingyourpennies.com or www.couponsense.com Pinching Your Pennies is free, Couponsense is not but a trial month is only $4. And, you really only need the weekly ads, my rule of thumb when I'm looking through the grocery ads on Wednesday mornings is that if it's $1 or under, I then list it on my rough menu draft. Meat sales get on my rough menu draft if they are $2/lb. or under, and then most definitely if they are $1/lb. or under. I am going to add your barefoot creations blog to my sidebar right now! Jeri

budget menu lady said...

So I'm interested to know, do the Fry's ads and Smith's weekly ads work out to be the same as far as you can tell?

Kim C. said...

Jeri, I haven't yet compared those close enough to tell. I'll compare this week and let you know.

Bekah said...

Woo Hoo! I am so excited that you started selling these. They are fabulous!

Unknown said...

I LOVE them! You are so talented! I have more pics for you, you can steal them off my blog when I get them up in a few minutes!:)

Ashleigh said...

Good Luck with them Kim, they are so cute!

budget menu lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.