I have a list taped to the hutch of my desk of things that I want to acquire for my house. It is dated April 2008 although some of the things on the list I wanted before that but it was April of 2008 before I decided to make a list of them all. ANYWAY, one of the things on there is a piano. For years I heard things like "oh, I wish I knew, we just gave ours away" or "my sister just tried to find someone to give hers to", etc. I scoured KSL.com from time to time (meaning not very faithfully) to see if there was anything on there I was interested in. Finally, it was my time. Actually, it was Buck that made the find. Long story short, I now am the proud owner of this beautiful piano and have been brushing up on my rusty, rusty, limited piano skills.

I also acquired some old hanging plant things (my MIL's new house has had some of the best finds that were left behind!) that have got to be straight out of the 70's or so. I LOVE them. My house is old and still has hanging plant hooks in the ceiling in some rooms but unfortunately, the only one I can use right now is this one in the office. The cats would shred any of the other locations. This plant is my oldest plant. It was a wedding gift 8 1/2 years ago. It spent the first 6 months with my mom because I was terrified I would kill it (I once killed a cactus) but when we moved to Montana, I took it with me and it's been with me ever since. I kind of think that it deserves the credit for getting my green thumb started. I detested yard work of every sort when I was growing up but now I LOVE it.
2 comments:
Macrame plant hanger. Takes me back further than I will ever admit to going. It even has beads! I can remember learning how to macrame a plant hanger in 7th grade summer school.
I'm glad to know the name of it! So is macrame the technique with which it was tied?
Post a Comment