Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Yellowstone in pictures

Last week we went to Yellowstone. Buck and I haven't been since we went there on our way to moving up to Billings, MT 8 years ago. Yellowstone requires a lot of driving to see the park so every morning we drove around and every afternoon we played in the river by our campground. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and luckily we stayed in the campground where the bears weren't mauling people to death!
I noticed this sign right after Grace through a big old rock in this pool. (Right after I told her not to throw it, of course). I was sure we were going to be fined $5000.

Luke "fixing the trail" at Old Faithful
Trying to get everyone looking at the camera for a picture.
Luke laying one on me while we waited for Old Faithful to erupt.
First afternoon at the river.
Warming up and having a snack before heading back out to play in the water.
Firehole Canyon falls.



Waiting for breakfast in the cool morning air.

Hot cocoa mustaches.
Luke looks like a vampire thanks to his thumb sucking...his teeth are funny because of it.
Going the natural way...This was only day 3. So gross. It took me shaving twice to get my legs smooth again when we got home.
Mammoth Hot Springs.
Our first bear sighting! I did not have enough zoom on my camera to see him any better than this. It's a black bear.
The bear is behind Grace here but he is just a tiny black dot.
A little bison family. The baby is right in the middle of the picture, kind of orange colored, by the water.
Some elk.

This big guy was walking right down the middle of the road until a ranger came and pushed him to the side.
Yellowstone Lake in the background.
The Upper Falls.
The Lower Falls.
The path down to the lower falls.
We found Prince Naveen swimming in the river.
Grace caught and released him several times.
Luke just lounged on the sand of the hill.
When we stopped for lunch in Pocatello on our way home, the restaurant was on this street.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I could have done without the leg picture...;)