Monday, August 23, 2010

Soccer!

Grace has been so excited to play soccer this fall. I mentioned before that she got her soccer gear from Grandma for her birthday and since she had cleats, shin guards and a ball to tote around with her, I decided to make her this little bag to carry it all. Some days she wears it around, just to wear it around. She loves having her soccer stuff with her. (All her cute little soccer shorts were a b-day gift from Aunt Katie and Uncle Fish.)
These are pictures of her first game. She's the one in the blue shorts and socks with pigtails. I have to say, for never really having watched a real soccer game before, she did pretty good. I'm not sure that she kicked to ball once during the game but she hung in there with the rest of the kids...always sort of on the outside of the action.
Her little friend Quincy is on her team and thank goodness because without him she might not be brave enough to participate! Her go to defense when she feels out of place is to grab his hand. She does it at church too when she gets nervous about stuff. They are such cute friends!


I hope to awaken my competitive spirit in her one day. I know its there. I see glimpses of it sometimes. She's a fast runner and picks up on stuff quickly so hopefully one day she'll be playin' like her momma. I particularly wanted her to be #3 because that was my old number for a while. 17 was my soccer number though but that wasn't an option so 3 it was.
So I had to dig out my yearbook for this picture. I'm pretty sure it is the only picture I have of myself playing soccer, unless my mom has some hidden archive of pictures I don't know about... Either way, if it's the only picture, it's one worth having. I feel like I should point out that I am the one in the white jersey. You know, the one knocking the others to the ground...

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Awesome picture Kim! I love it!

Mateah said...

super cute! grace looks adorable out there playing!