Friday, May 9, 2008

David Mania!

As I have previously mentioned, I am not a reality TV watcher and so I know very little about what's happening on American Idol. However, David Archuleta appeared at Murray High School today and sang some songs. I was not in attendance as my children were napping but could hear it from my house and also tuned in to the news to see it up close. Before he sang though some public officials spoke and honored him etc. This is the reason for this post. I just wanted to take minute and thank Mayor Daniel C. Snarr of Murray for showing up in Wrangler jeans, a huge belt buckle and a flag-print cowboy shirt in addition to the biggest handlebar mustache since 1890. I really hope that the American Idol camera crew got a great shot of him so the rest of this country (and the world for that matter) can continue to believe that Utah is full of redneck, hillbilly cowboys... and polygamists.

6 comments:

Bekah said...

I read this post and just could not control my laughing. That is hilarious. I caught some of the news last night, but didn't get to see that.

Unknown said...

I almost died when I saw him! I was embarrassed for him!!!! To tell you the truth I didn't even know he was the mayor until Paul told me! It made his ridiculous getup even more disgusting!

Lauren B. said...

Your post made me laugh. I think you are funny!

I guess I don't see the big deal though. People are going to think of Utah what they will in spite of what the mayor of Murray City wears. Anytime I tell anyone I am from Utah, the very first question I am asked is if I am a mormon. I am also asked if I am a polygamist wife, if I can wear pants and make-up, if I am allowed to listen to music etc, and my favorite question was why do Mormon people not bury their dead people or have funerals? (I was suprised to hear this one I actually answered that we don't need funerals because we just eat our dead!) Anyway, just thought I'd share!

Dan Snarr was in my ward for a lot of my growing up years. I haven't seen or heard from him in 15 years now, but from what I can remember he is a little crazy, but overall, he's a good guy!

Michelle S. said...

I love how involved Mayor Snarr is with this city. I think the handlebar mustache is a little much, but people won't forget him, for sure!

Kim C. said...

I am in no way cutting on the Mayor as a person...just his odd choice in an outfit!

Lauren B. said...

Can I change my last comment? After seeing the show last night, I too thought Mayor Snarr looked a little creepy!!!

What was he thinking???