Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th (and 9th) of July

Gracie had so much fun at the parade this year. She just kept wandering up and down the route where all our neighbors were sitting. Buck had to shadow her of course to make sure she didn't just join the parade and march off to the park.

I tried to get Grace to stand still to be in this picture but she wouldn't. Averee did though and she looks so cute I just had to add it. It was her birthday on the 4th...how fun to have parades and parties/BBQs guaranteed every year for your birthday!

Today I moved the car out of the driveway and there was SO much room to ride (and not in the road)! The girls must be practicing for NASCAR because they just kept turning left. It was so cute because Averee kept stopping her bike and saying there was something wrong with her panties (which translated that her bike seat had pushed them up her bum crack) and every time that she got off her bike to fix them, Grace stopped and got off her bike too. She is such a little follower when she plays with friends. She likes to do whatever her friend is doing. On the other hand, she does like to play by herself sometimes and that can be heavenly since Lucas is totally opposite and wants to follow me around the house and have all of my attention all of the time!

Sometimes her pedals are just in a position that she can't get them to go forward. She hasn't figured out that if she'd put her feet down and scoot her bike a little it would fix the problem. Instead she just gets mad. It's a little bit funny.

3 comments:

Bekah said...

I love Grace's retro trike and the bell! so cute!

Anna said...

That looks like fun to ride bikes! I love that I can keep in touch with Averee's doings through your blog, awesome. It was fun to see you at the parade.

Lauren B. said...

Your blog sucks because I left a comment about this post and it is not showing. I don't remember what I said, but I'm sure it was something very witty and worthwhile!

Anyway, Gracie looks like she is having fun on her bike.