This morning I decided that breakfast burritos sounded really good for breakfast after I had finally finished weeding my flower garden. So I pulled the Costco size roll of Jimmy Dean sausage out of my freezer and went in to the bedroom (where Buck was laying in bed with Grace still) and asked him did he usually defrost it a little to cut off a hunk (as it is usually his job to cook the sausage for this particular meal) or did he just use his brute strength to chop it off? He answered brute strength. So I asked him would he please come cut off a hunk for me to use? He was very obliging and came to the kitchen almost immediately. I saw him grab a knife and the next thing I hear is a clunk from the knife and naughty word from Buck. He had cut himself. I DO NOT do well with blood so I asked him was he okay, etc and he said he was fine but his finger hurt. I told him to wash it out while I went for a band aid. I came back and he was just finishing washing and I was grabbing a clean towel to dry it with when he said, "I feel light headed." I said "Well sit down then" and started to pull out a chair from the kitchen table.
In a split second it was just like watching a sky scraper being demolished where they blow up the foundation and top comes crumbling down on the rest in a cloud of dust....just less dust. Buck was swaying (at first I thought he was trying to move toward the table but quickly realized he was not) as he had lost consciousness so I had to throw the chair out of the way to clear the path as he went down! I like to imagine that I am a fairly strong person but I now know that I am NOT strong enough to catch a 200+ lb., unconscious, falling man. Maybe if I had had him in a bear hug. All I was able to do was keep his head from hitting anything on the way down.
I am still a little worried that he needs stitches in his finger but he insists that he doesn't. I'm hoping he'll give me another look at it later today (while we're both sitting down) to see how it looks.
5 comments:
oh my, I imagine that was so scary and nerve racking at the time it happened.
Oh girl make him go and get it checked out. That is totally scary! Or make him for fainting! Scary... Let me know if you need anything. Oh- my gosh!!!!
Oh my goodness! I hope that he is OK! That is kind of scary!
Nice catch, Kim! I think that my reaction time in situations like that is not stellar. Good for Buck that you have great reflexes AND that you have good coordination skills!
His color looked pretty good today (July 5).
Post a Comment