Friday, January 18, 2008

Big boy!

Lucas had his 6 mo. well-check yesterday and he was 28 in. and 17.5 lbs. I think that's about what Grace was at 9 mo. He's on the bigger side. I had lots of things I wanted to blog today but have forgotten most of what i was going to say. My washing machine broke yesterday and we went and picked out a new one tonight. It's really pretty but I have to wait until Thursday for it to be delivered. So, I guess I'll see you Monday when I have to do more laundry, Mom.... :) Does anyone need a dryer? The one I have is still good but I got a new one of those too! Lucky girl! I really wanted a beautiful front loading red set but found a great top loading white set that is just as pretty...just not red. I've been on a red kick lately. I'd like to do my kitchen in red when it happens. Let's hope I still want to in a few years when we do it since I got a red KitchenAid mixer for Christmas (thanks to Buck). It also is beautiful! It has revolutionized my attitude towards baking. Double batch of cookies? Sure, since I'm not mixing them by hand!
Well, I think we're all getting colds around here...Grace and I have scratchy throats today. I hope nothing really awful comes of it. I guess I should get everyone in bed though since it's 11:15 and Lucas is the only one in jammies. Here are a couple pics. since I haven't posted any for a few days...

This is what Grace gave me when I told her to smile. We're still working on that cue.

Rambo here looks like this after every meal. I think this was a mixture of sweet potatoes and prunes.

This is why it gets all over his face. He sucks his thumb between mouthfuls, which spreads it all over his hand, which stretches it up above his eyes sometimes.

Grace decided she wanted to straighten her hair the other day. I was brushing my teeth and she picked it up and put it to her hair. It was on a day I didn't wash my hair so it hadn't even been on lest anyone think I let her play with hot styling implements.

Brrr!!! We went for a walk on Wednesday and it was so cold we only made it once around the block. Even bundled up we got red cheeks, noses and fingers! I can't wait for spring.

3 comments:

Michelle S. said...

What percentile is the little tyke in? I am always looking at those numbers because some of my kids were in the 95th to 120th percentile and I really understand the whole if your kid was in a pool of 100 kids this is where she/he would be in size. I like knowing that. Especially since I don't understand many scientific theories or conversations.

I must also say that we got new washer/dryer this last year and the red ones had me in their grip too. Reality is just too real. I think that if heaven is really heavenly, that there might be those red machines there.

Bekah said...

We should start a red KitchenAid club. I love baking since I got mine. You can clean up any ingredient messes you have made while it's mixing away.

Lauren B. said...

Those are cute pictures of the kiddo's! And, I am so jealous of your kitchen aid mixer...very cool!!