Sunday, January 6, 2008
"Yeah, they're called doctors."
The line from "Tommy Boy" keeps running through my head when Chris Farley says "Lots of people go to school for 7 years" and David Spade says back, "Yeah, they're called doctors." Tuesday is my big day. Yikes! I am going back to school. I have always wanted to finish a bachelors degree but never have since I finished hair school. I kept using the fact that I couldn't decide on what degree to get as an excuse to not go. Well, I've picked accounting and so now I have a finish line goal. It may take me 8 years to do since I'm only taking a few classes at a time but I'm determined to finish and Buck is encouraging me to also. Sometimes I wonder why we keep taking on things to make us busier but we do. In addition to me attending school, Buck will be teaching more of it! He just got a job teaching at Salt Lake Community College at night. We don't know how that will work during football season, but we'll figure it out then. He's teaching ESL which is quite different from 9th grade reading but I think he's excited for the new challenge. I don't know what prompted us to sell our 2nd car. It was working out great since Buck can walk to work during the day but this new job requires a car so we're getting creative with being in 2 different places with only one car to get there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's so exciting that you are going back to school.
I think of the story by Dr. Seuss of "Oh, the places you'll go!" What an exciting and busy time for you both. Isn't it funny how life changes? We will be hoping, wishing and praying for the very best for all of you in your new adventures.
So, the other day I left a comment on this post...I know I did!!! Where'd it go???
Anyway, what I said was that I am really excited for you. I think its great that you are going back to school and I think you'll make a great accountant. It's a good example for your kids!
Congrats to Buck too for his new teaching job. It sounds like you are both keeping busy and working hard!
Now, hopefully this one posts!
Thanks everybody for your good wishes! Last night was my first class and I find that I am excited to be learning again. I've been in blissful ignorance for years! Buck is finding ESL a new challenge but enjoying it (after 2 days anyway).
Post a Comment