Tuesday, January 22, 2008

whatever!

First of all, buddy, I'm sorry YOU dropped my garbage can into YOUR garbage truck. I know it's like 5 degrees out today (might I suggest something with longer sleeves for your winter attire?) but my can was sitting nicely on the curb just like all the rest.

Secondly, I'm sorry your little "partner" or whoever this guy is in the passenger side of the truck is sleeping on you. I noticed him when you were going around on the other side of the street too. He must be pretty tired. If that upsets you, then wake him up and make him pull my can out of the top. (I tried to get a good shot of this guy but couldn't really from my front window.)

But anyway, thanks for hucking my can back out of the truck on to the heap of snow. I can see you have time to kick your heels together to get the snow off your boots before you swing your legs in to what I'm sure is probably an impeccably clean GARBAGE truck cab, but don't have 2 seconds to stand my can back up. I'm sorry that you actually had to touch a garbage can with your hands. Please apologize to your pal too if he was wakened by any of this.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You crack me up! I am still laughing!
Cudos to you for thinking to grab your camera! it makes the story that much funnier!

Bekah said...

I love how in the first picture he has his hands in his pockets and looks like he is debating if getting your can out of the truck is worth it. This is priceless!

Anonymous said...

You should really send this to the garbage company. I am sure they would love the feedback. Do you think he went home to tell his wife what a hero he was for rescuing your garbage can? Too funny!

Michelle S. said...

Kim, I can totally hear your voice saying those words!! Your kids will have great narrative moments thanks to your natural wit! I agree with Aubrey, you were thinking pretty quick to grab the camera!

Bekah said...

I like the black with the pink/purple accents.