Saturday, October 18, 2008

Halloween Sneak Peek

Wednesday night we had a very fun Halloween activity (thanks to Stephanie M) with the YW so I used it as an excuse to give the kids' costumes a trial run. I didn't put on all of the accessories but just wanted to see how they were basically going to look and see if I wanted to change anything about them.
Here's my little pirate.

Grace is Tinkerbell this year. I discovered that I'm going to have to safety pin the costume to her because she is prone to remove it.

One of the games was a donut eating contest and I thought this picture was funny because Luke's like, "Um, I could help you with that donut..."

Here's me with a mouthful of donut. I won (well my round anyway...we did it in 2).

This is a classic picture simply because it is so typical of my kids. It was before the donut game started and I'm tying my donut to the pole while Maria is restraining Lucas from grabbing the dangling gems...meanwhile, Makayla is pulling Grace back in from trying to climb out the window. Nice.

Here's Grace playing a game with the girls that was similar to hot potato but you passed a broom around instead.

This was such a fun night. Stephanie comes up with the best games. Steph, you ought to start hiring yourself out as a party planner! You'd make a fortune!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

The funny thing is I have actually thought about doing parties. Crazy I know. Anyways, I am glad it turned out well. And even happier you remembered your camera as I totally spaced it.