Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mother's Little Helper

That Rolling Stones song, Mother's Little Helper has been running through my head all morning. I have usually been of the opinion that there are plenty of hours in the day, but lately I am feeling like I wish I could have some more. (Time of day is not really the gist of that song but it's been the "theme" music to this post, so that is why I mention it. Sometimes I draft my posts in my head before starting to type them and that's what's happened today. There is actually a lot more that floats through my head than what comes out on the keyboard.)
ANYWAY.....It's not that I don't have enough time to finish all the things I need to do, but that there are so many things that I would like to do, make or learn that I run out of time on. But the truth to that is that I probably could make time for more of it if I really was determined to.
The things I have been thinking of are things like: figure out how to thread my serger and use it, find an old wooden item and refinish it, paint the inside of my house and redecorate to match, catch up on scrapbooks (at this point, I am about 2 1/2 years behind, maybe 3), find a fantastic new book to read (I have not LOVED anything new that I've read lately), buy an old car and rebuild it, learn to Sign better than at a 4 year old level, find a piano for my house, etc, etc, etc! The list is endless of new things to try and old things to continue working on.
In the meantime, I am happy that I have the time to do all the things that I do right now like care for my children, work in my garden/yard, clean my house, exercise, etc.

3 comments:

Bekah said...

I totally know how you feel. I am in the same boat right now. Ps I can help you thread your serger if you want.

Lauren B. said...

I hear ya...lots of things I need to and want to do!

Read The Book Thief and Kite Runner if you haven't yet...I just read those two pretty recently and really liked them both.

Amanda said...

So, Lauren's reads are more "intellectual" than my suggestions, lol, but I have been reading books by Elizabeth Berg, Anita Shreve, and Emily Griffin and would recommend them for good, usually quick, reads. Cute pics on from the birthdays. BIG CONGRATS on the marathon to Buck! What are his thoughts, is he going to do another one down the road, or one and done? I would eventually like to run one, lol, eventually.